Interested on teaching a class?
Complete the Course Proposal
and submit it to GVRD at 395 Amador St.
Hello there! Welcome to GVRD Recreation Page. Here you will be able to look up all of the recreation fun you can have with us. We offer all sorts of programming throughout the city of Vallejo.
In addition to helping you lead a more interesting life, GVRD feels that recreation is important because of the many health, social and educational benefits it can provide.
Defining Recreation- Recreation is any mental or physical refreshment achieved by way of play (games, sports or hobbies), amusement or relaxation.
Here are just a few of the benefits of recreation:
- Exercise – Studies have shown that regular exercise can help prevent diseases, control your weight, increase strength, improve stamina, help you sleep better, and just make you feel better in general.
- Fun and entertainment – Some people will tell you that watching TV is a waste of time, but sometimes your brain cells just need a rest, and if it makes you laugh, it’s reducing stress and creating a more positive environment.
- Relaxation – This is hard for some people, but relaxation is necessary for good health. Our bodies aren't made to go non-stop all the time. Calm your mind, and you’ll lower your blood pressure.
- Group participation – Participating in any kind of group activity – a class, theatrical production, or community league sport – has all kinds of benefits. Group activities help children build their social skills and help adults build their social networks. Once people know each other, they are more likely to help each other and work together to make their neighborhoods better places to live.
- Fresh air – Get outside, even if it’s just to sit for 15min in the sun. The sun’s vitamin D will do you good too.
The ways that people refresh themselves are literally countless. Whatever gets you out of your normal work life and into some sort of amusement can be considered recreation.
GVRD realizes that recreation is important for your physical and mental health. Give it a try for a month, and see how you feel.
Kids Activity Registration Endowment (K.A.R.E)
Financial Assistance Application page 1
Financial Assistance Application page 2